- The Bull will be released on the the arena through the entry gate called ‘ Vadivasal’.
- The bull tamer / contestant should try to ‘catch’ the bull by holding onto its hump only.
- The bull-tamer should hold onto the bull till it crosses the ‘finish’ line. (Usually it is about 50 feet, marked by hanging overhead marker flags along the line.)
- If the bull throws the tamer off before the line or if no-one manages to hold on to the bull, then the bull will be declared victorious.
- If the bull-tamer manages to hold on to the hump till it crosses the ‘finish line’, then the bull tamer is declared the winner.
- Only one bull tamer should hold on to the bull at one time. If more than one bull tamers hold on to the bull, then there is no winner.
- The bull tamer should ONLY hold on to the hump. He should NOT hold on to the neck or horns or tails of the bull. Such tamers will be disqualifies.
- No bull tamer will hit or hurt the bull in any manner.
தமிழனின் வீர மரபு !